Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Flower Cosmetics Kiss Stick



Type: Lipstick, High Shine

     Look, I try to be really fair when I critique make-up. I think it's important to go into each review with an open mind, so please believe me when I say I was not trying being prejudiced against this brand just because it's a Walmart exclusive. I was actually kind of excited to try this brand after I heard that Drew Barrymore was going to endorse/produce it. I do like Drew Barrymore, after all! 
      At first, I thought the packaging was cute in a vintage sort of way, but after a while, it kind of bugged me because it was just so big and bulky. It's the biggest lipstick in my (admittedly small) collection. Of course, all this is forgivable, why judge a book by its cover or a lipstick by its tube? 
    What isn't forgivable is the smell. I'm not sure quite why, but this lipstick has a very strong, pungent, almost medicinal smell. If I had to place it, I'd say it smells exactly like a bottle of expired vitamins, except much, much stronger. And the taste isn't much better. I know lipsticks aren't food, and shouldn't really be judged on taste, but my goodness! That metallic medicinal flavor is so strong, I couldn't get it out of my lips for the longest time. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the color.... 
     The color I bought was "sweet peony" which was a nice light pink. However, without a base balm or a primer, the pigment breaks up and fractures across the lips, giving an uneven and lumpy color. And there's no "high shine" to speak of. If anything, I'd say it has kind of a sandy, grainy texture which isn't exactly pleasant. 

EWG Score: n/a :(


Overall: 1/10

Woops! So far this is the lowest of the low. It loses points for smell, coverage, texture, packaging and taste. Sorry Drew, this one's a fail! 


No comments:

Post a Comment