Tuesday, October 7, 2014

CoverGirl Lipslicks Smoochies


Type: Tinted Lip Balm 

          As far as sheer coverage goes, Covergirl Smoochies are probably the lightest I've ever experienced. They barely offers more pigment and color than a completely clear chapstick. Now, sheer tinted balms are some of my all time favorite cosmetic products, so I know not to judge their pigmentation against lip glosses or lipsticks. But these are just not cutting it. At most they provide a mild, nearly undetectable shimmer that wears off almost instantly. But I must say, the Smoochies are  incredibly soft and moisturizing. They're simply lovely to wear, and they have a rather cute, sugary, almost fruity scent that reminds me of strawberry shortcake dolls.  


EWG score: 6 (moderate) for iron oxides and possible fragrance allergens. 



Overall: 3/10 

Points for softness and scent, but even still, I'll have to call this one a fail.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment